Regarding innovation and expensive game development, Shigeru had this to say: "One of my aims is to let game creators know that they shouldn't feel constricted by budget. If you have a good idea, we have the money." He continued in response to recent PlayStation 3 announcements by saying: "Any announcement about PS3 will affect Nintendo. But we don't see it as a competition between the two consoles... Sony has taken a long time to create their machine but it is obvious that the direction we (Nintendo) are taking is different to the PS3."
It seems (by recent game sales) that a majority of consumers still enjoy what's being dished out by publishers. If so, do you agree with Miyamoto that developers should listen less to customers while the games industry faces a transitional period into next-gen?
- Key specs
- Game format Optical disc, Downloadable
- Online features Multiplayer, Voice chat, Video chat, Store, Browser
- Drive capacity 250 GB
- Controller type Wired, Wireless
- Motion controls Accelerometer, Gyroscopic
- Video outputs HDMI (v1.3), RCA / composite
- Released 2012-09-25
Nintendo Wii console
Microsoft Xbox 360