Peter Moore just dropped a bomb on us during their keynote (which we're liveblogging here): Rockstar's blockbuster series, Grand Theft Auto, is coming to the Xbox 360 on October 17th and 19th, 2007, in North America and Europe respectively. Peter Moore said it would be on 360 "from day one" implying the title will see a simulatenous release on the competition's PlayStation 3 console.
This takes one of Sony's biggest assets this generation and makes it moot. Well played Microsoft ... those billions sure do come in handy sometimes.
(Updated: GTA4 is dropping in 2007 -- not 2006 -- meaning it will ostensibly drop on both 360 and PS3 on the same date, or "day one" as Mr. Moore said.)
- Key specs
- Reviews • 364
- Game format Optical disc, Downloadable
- Online features Multiplayer, Voice chat, Video chat, Store
- Drive capacity 4 GB
- Controller type Wired, Wireless
- Motion controls Camera / optical
- Video outputs Component, HDMI (v1.4)
- Weight 10.9 lb
- Released 2010-08-03