"The video of Tomb Raider: 10th Anniversary Edition that appeared on certain sites was an unauthorised release of an internal presentation of a game that was being developed by Core Design until very recently. It was running on PSP and used a Core-developed engine. However, following a recent review this project has been officially cancelled by SCi."
Core's staff and assets were recently acquired by Rebellion Developments (AvP, Rogue Trooper), although SCi still maintains the Core brand name.
Update: Eurogamer is now reporting that the remake isn't canceled. Apparently, SCi has just issued a new statement saying the project is back on. PSP owners now have Lara's original adventure, as well as this month's Legend to look forward to.
- Key specs
- Game format Optical disc, Downloadable
- Screen size 4.3 inches
- Online features Multiplayer, Voice chat, Store, Browser
- Direction control D-pad, Thumb stick (1)
- Camera External (1.3 megapixels)
- Dimensions 2.81 x 6.67 x 0.73 in
- Weight 6.67 oz
- Discontinued 2014-01