If Nintendo has chosen to not only pursue the Apple strategy of pretty white designs but also pretty white ads with a notable dearth of information, will a mainstream gaming audience respond? Try explaining the Wii-mote to your mom ... now try doing that with this image. Does the declaration that "playing=believing" communicate anything of value to a curious consumer? Considering the uniqueness of the Wii and its controllers, would Nintendo be better served with something more informational?
See also: Ad critic retro: Perfect Dark, Ad critic: "Racist" PSP ad, Ad critic: Superman, Ad critic: Auto Assault, Ad critic: Oblivion , Ad critic: Tomb Raider, Ad critic: Hitman.
[Thanks, PhoenixGeek; via GoNintendo]
- Key specs
- Game format Optical disc, Downloadable
- Online features Multiplayer, Voice chat, Store, Browser
- Drive capacity 512 MB
- Controller type Wired, Wireless
- Motion controls Accelerometer, Camera / optical
- Video outputs Component, RCA / composite, S-Video
- Weight 2.65 lb
- Released 2006-11-19