"The fourth quarter begins on October 1. Now look at the list. At least one game is released every Monday in the fourth quarter except for the following dates: October 2, November 20 and November 27. November 27 is after Black Friday, so it's out. November 20 is after the launch of the PS3, so that's out too. That leaves us with October 2."
Well, OK, not a bad theory, but why wouldn't, or couldn't, the console launch alongside any of the DS games to be released? Why couldn't the console launch on October 23rd? Personally, we'd like to see it launch October 2nd, which would provide ample time for shoppers to get one and prevent those pesky holiday shortage disasters we've seen during past launches.
- Key specs
- Game format Optical disc, Downloadable
- Online features Multiplayer, Voice chat, Store, Browser
- Drive capacity 512 MB
- Controller type Wired, Wireless
- Motion controls Accelerometer, Camera / optical
- Video outputs Component, RCA / composite, S-Video
- Weight 2.65 lb
- Released 2006-11-19