Everyone's atwitter with the news that Craig Kornblau, head of Universal Studios Home Entertainment just praised HD-DVD as the "hands down" winner of the HD format war, noting, "HD DVD has maintained its first-to-market advantage and delivered on the promises of providing the best high definition image and sound quality at the best value for consumers today."
But what's curiously missing is a little context. This is the same guy that publicly endorsed HD-DVD in a Microsoft press release five months ago, using many of the same words. Careless journalists and bloggers are quoting him like this is some kind of new development in the format war. Sure, it's interesting that he's continuing his support, but it's not particularly noteworthy.
[Via PS3 Fanboy]
- Key specs
- Reviews • 18
- Game format Optical disc, Downloadable
- Online features Multiplayer, Voice chat, Video chat, Store, Browser
- Drive capacity 250 GB
- Controller type Wired, Wireless
- Motion controls Accelerometer, Gyroscopic
- Video outputs HDMI (v1.3), RCA / composite
- Released 2012-09-25
Microsoft Xbox 360