David says that with the Wii "we're looking at about four million units before the end of the year globally and Europe will get a reasonable proportion of that. The stock that we're looking to get we believe will probably be more than we've ever had for any console launch. But from the feedback we've had from our retailers, whatever we have won't be enough as the demand from people is really heating up for it."
Yarnton absolutely expects there to be shortages at retail come this holiday season. Considering Nintendo has had the finalized Broadway chips for some time now, are we to expect the types of shortages the Xbox 360 suffered from and the PS3 will undoubtedly face?
- Key specs
- Reviews • 329
- Game format Optical disc, Downloadable
- Online features Multiplayer, Voice chat, Store, Browser
- Drive capacity 512 MB
- Controller type Wired, Wireless
- Motion controls Accelerometer, Camera / optical
- Video outputs Component, RCA / composite, S-Video
- Weight 2.65 lb
- Released 2006-11-19