Gamestop, EB Games, and Amazon have all updated their websites with what appears to be official Wii box art (i.e. no "for display purposes only"). If legit, the asymmetric white bar looks top-heavy like it wants to roll right. That's a long-winded way of saying it looks ugly, subjectively speaking.
I can only imagine, however, that some fancy shmancy branding agency helped Nintendo design the new box art and starting asking all these "Who am I?" questions for the Wii to answer. The ad group then determined that Wii provides a different take on gaming and decided an asymmetric box design should be used as well.
So does Wii box art succeed in reflecting Nintendo's new take on console gaming? Do you dig the look?
- Key specs
- Reviews • 329
- Game format Optical disc, Downloadable
- Online features Multiplayer, Voice chat, Store, Browser
- Drive capacity 512 MB
- Controller type Wired, Wireless
- Motion controls Accelerometer, Camera / optical
- Video outputs Component, RCA / composite, S-Video
- Weight 2.65 lb
- Released 2006-11-19