No word yet if the shortage will effect North American units but, if proportional, they could be cut to 320,000 available systems. Keep in mind that's six thousand less than the Xbox 360 sold in its first nine days, and a far cry less than the 900,000 360 units they managed to move in North America by the end of '05.
IGN also reminds us that the PS2 sold out of almost a million units when launched back in March of 2000. Expect Star Wars like lines a week before the November 11 Japanese launch. Not the day before or day of, the week before. May the force be with you, Japanese padawans.
[Quick fix: corrected '06 to '05. Thanks in-field editors!]
- Key specs
- Game format Optical disc, Downloadable
- Online features Multiplayer, Voice chat, Video chat, Store, Browser
- Drive capacity 250 GB
- Controller type Wired, Wireless
- Motion controls Accelerometer, Gyroscopic
- Video outputs HDMI (v1.3), RCA / composite
- Released 2012-09-25