Non-hardcores only: USA Today, the nation's most circulated newspaper, weighs next-generation gaming options for the masses. They cite four selections: (A) Wait in line maybe for days for a PlayStation 3, and probably end up empty-handed; (B) Wait in a shorter line for a Wii, pocket the change and maybe be disappointed; (C) With a swipe of a credit card, go home with a well-stocked Xbox 360; and (D) Resist the temptation and do nothing.
The article's overall tone suggests (D), encouraging most to stick with current-gen systems for a bit longer, especially PS2 owners. But the paper also believes every console will do well: "You can't really make a bad choice. All three of the systems are going to have pretty solid lineups of games and they are going to be pretty fun systems to play."
[Thanks, Don Jose]
- Key specs
- Game format Optical disc, Downloadable
- Online features Multiplayer, Voice chat, Video chat, Store, Browser
- Drive capacity 250 GB
- Controller type Wired, Wireless
- Motion controls Accelerometer, Gyroscopic
- Video outputs HDMI (v1.3), RCA / composite
- Released 2012-09-25
Nintendo Wii console
Microsoft Xbox 360