World of Warcraft
's lead producer Shane Dabiri has jumped in with a new battle plan
today, outlining the present and future of our favorite game. I don't personally see much (anything?) here that I didn't already know, but I'll outline Dabiri's points below.
- New features since the last battle plan...
- New PvP and PvE sets as well as a legendary caster weapon
- Paid character transfer service
- Cross-realm battlegrounds
- Before the Storm, coming soon to a realm near you...
- A new PvP honor system
- The Arena PvP system
- The Burning Crusade...
- Hellfire Citadel: A four-wing dungeon with varying difficulty per wing
- Heroic difficulty: The ability to play expansion dungeons on either "normal" or "heroic" difficulty settings, with better loot rewards for more difficult content
- The Black Temple: To be the most challenging dungeon in the expansion, and still under heavy development
- Further down the road...
- A team-balancing feature for battlegrounds, likely to be seen in a post-expansion patch