However, after two weeks of playing Twilight Princess and Wii Sports, I am halfway through the second set of AA's in both of my Wiimotes. We know that both Microsoft and Sony controllers also suffer from less-than-ideal battery lives, but we expected a little more from Nintendo, whose GameBoy lineup has been noted for its exceptionally long use of two AA's.
After creating officially-licensed 1GB SD cards, the big N should consider doing the same for rechargeable AA batteries. Or how about Wiimote Lite? C'mon, Nintendo, you're missing a golden opportunity here.
PS3 delights vs. PS3 annoyances
Wii delights vs. Wii annoyances
Xbox 360 delights vs. Xbox 360 annoyances
- Key specs
- Game format Optical disc, Downloadable
- Online features Multiplayer, Voice chat, Store, Browser
- Drive capacity 512 MB
- Controller type Wired, Wireless
- Motion controls Accelerometer, Camera / optical
- Video outputs Component, RCA / composite, S-Video
- Weight 2.65 lb
- Released 2006-11-19
Nintendo Wii Remote controller