Butcher's sentiments are, surprisingly, shared by many in the Bungie studios, who feel that Halo 2 did not have that four- to six-week period to polish the game like they did for the first outing. There's even dismay over the oft-maligned cliffhanger ending that Bungie staffer Frank O'Conner parallels to the ending of Thelma & Louise.
The obvious promise, if you hadn't already guessed, is that Halo 3 is going to outdo its previous titles, correct the mistakes of the past and save puppies.* This writer still prefers the original Halo over its sequel, so it'll be interesting to see if the third game can bring the game to its fresh-and-exciting roots.
- Key specs
- Game format Optical disc, Downloadable
- Online features Multiplayer, Voice chat, Video chat, Store
- Drive capacity 4 GB
- Controller type Wired, Wireless
- Motion controls Camera / optical
- Video outputs Component, HDMI (v1.4)
- Weight 10.9 lb
- Released 2010-08-03
Microsoft Xbox One