In an interview with Ubisoft concerning the project ("intuitive" word count: 2), producer Ben Mattes gushed with excitement, saying "I've spent a lot of time playing [Prince of Persia] games over the last few years, and Rival Swords for the Wii is by far my favorite."
The demonstration itself is a montage of in-game clips, accompanied by haunted Wii controllers jiggling about the footage. I suppose we'll just have to wait until the games release in March to get a sense of just how well it plays as waggling the controller in place of the Two Thrones control scheme (the game in which this is based on) doesn't exactly instill us with confidence. Ben seems fairly stoked about it, but Splinter Cell and Far Cry has us a bit more cautious towards Ubisoft's non-original offerings for the Wii.
- Key specs
- Reviews • 328
- Game format Optical disc, Downloadable
- Online features Multiplayer, Voice chat, Store, Browser
- Drive capacity 512 MB
- Controller type Wired, Wireless
- Motion controls Accelerometer, Camera / optical
- Video outputs Component, RCA / composite, S-Video
- Weight 2.65 lb
- Released 2006-11-19