Jan. 30, 2006
Ten New Titles Approach the Xbox Live Arcade Horizon
Vampire hunters, artillery-toting worms, rambunctious aliens and trailblazing settlers are among the "likeable" characters that will soon make their debut in living rooms everywhere via Xbox Live® Arcade for Xbox 360™ as part of the award-winning service's upcoming round of new game releases. Starting with the first release in February, 10 highly anticipated titles will begin making their way to Xbox Live Arcade, including these (titles are not listed in chronological release order):
· "3D Ultra Minigolf Adventures," from developer Wanako Games and publisher Sierra Online, allows gamers to putt their way through 36 fun-filled holes of manic minigolf action on wild courses that range from the Old West to outer space and feature a bevy of crazy hazards and obstacles.
· "Alien Hominid HD" from The Behemoth features side-scrolling, hysterical cartoon action with a quirky twist and exclusive Xbox Live Arcade features.
· "Band of Bugs" from NinjaBee is a fast-paced tactical strategy game that offers gameplay deep enough to satisfy tactical genre fans and friendly enough to appeal to casual gamers. Creative gamers can even design their own levels with the built-in level editor, then play them solo or over Xbox Live with friends.*
· "Castlevania: Symphony of the Night" from Konami is a faithful version of this legendary classic updated for Xbox Live Arcade and featuring the game's full soundtrack and memorable side-scrolling vampire-hunting action.
· "Catan," from developer Big Huge Games Inc. and publisher Microsoft® Game Studios, is a faithful remake of the immensely popular strategy board game.
· "Eets: Chowdown" from Klei Entertainment Inc. is a completely revamped version of the popular PC title of the same name. It offers new items, 120 new levels and the exclusive debut of Marsho Madness, a high-adrenaline action game in which players must keep the impending evil marshmallows at bay.
· "LUXOR 2," from developer MumboJumbo LLC, sets a new standard for action puzzlers as players match and shoot their way through the land of ancient Egypt.
· "Paperboy," from developer Digital Eclipse and publisher Midway, is a classic coin-op hit, specially enhanced for Xbox Live Arcade.
· "Root Beer Tapper," also from developer Digital Eclipse and publisher Midway, features fast-paced reflex action as players scramble to keep thirsty patrons happy without dropping root beer mugs in the scramble to earn the biggest tips.
· "Worms" from developer Team 17 Software Ltd. features armies of adorable weapon-toting worms locked in tactical combat.
The popularity of Xbox Live Arcade continues to grow as downloads have surpassed 20 million games. These 10 titles are just a sample of the diverse and entertaining games that will be coming to the service in 2007.
Several of these games also mark significant firsts for Xbox Live Arcade, including the first turn-based strategy game to be released on the service ("Worms"), the first Xbox Live Arcade board game release ("Catan"), and the first Xbox Live Arcade outdoor sports game release ("3D Ultra Minigolf Adventures").
All these games are scheduled to become available during Xbox Live Arcade Wednesdays in the coming weeks, and specific game information will be announced closer to each game's launch date. Although a game may not be launched every week, every Wednesday is an opportunity to share in the Xbox Live Arcade experience with friends and family.
About Xbox Live Arcade
Xbox Live Arcade on the Xbox 360 is the premier destination for digitally distributed, high-definition games. Xbox Live Arcade is a fast-growing phenomenon with over 20 million game downloads and a diverse library of original development and classic titles from the world's best independent and established developers and publishers. With a dynamically updated library and free** trials for every title, Xbox Live Arcade makes it easy for every type of gamer - from casual to hard-core - to get instantly immersed in the fun. Xbox Live Arcade also lets friends connect and play these incredible games from either the same room or from around the world via the Xbox Live online entertainment network. More information can be found online at http://www.xbox.com/en-us/games/livearcade.