Chubachi believes that Sony hit their target of 6 million consoles sold at the end of March. Some outlets are reporting that the March numbers actually show the sales to be less than 4 million. There is certainly a shift occurring in the business strategy of the PS3, but at this point the plan isn't clear.
Sony let Joystiq know, "There are no plans to adjust the price of PS3 in North America at this moment in time. As a normal part of our business, SCEA carefully monitors market trends and needs on an ongoing basis, but we currently have no announcement regarding any price drop in our territory."
- Key specs
- Reviews • 18
- Game format Optical disc, Downloadable
- Online features Multiplayer, Voice chat, Video chat, Store, Browser
- Drive capacity 250 GB
- Controller type Wired, Wireless
- Motion controls Accelerometer, Gyroscopic
- Video outputs HDMI (v1.3), RCA / composite
- Released 2012-09-25