GI.biz was told, "For the first three months of this year we have been producing one million hardware units per month. We are increasing the manufacturing capacity and forecast to ship 14 million in this fiscal year to our distributors and retail customers globally."
Nintendo says they expect a steady flow of Wii through 2007. They also say they've sold 5.84 million units and coyly add that they can't predict when the shortages will subside because there's just so much demand. That's fantastic that Nintendo is ready to flood the world with Wii, now if we could just get some first-rate Wii developed software to go with it.
- Key specs
- Reviews • 329
- Game format Optical disc, Downloadable
- Online features Multiplayer, Voice chat, Store, Browser
- Drive capacity 512 MB
- Controller type Wired, Wireless
- Motion controls Accelerometer, Camera / optical
- Video outputs Component, RCA / composite, S-Video
- Weight 2.65 lb
- Released 2006-11-19