His next project appears to be working on a net-based game console, which sounds both kooky and smart at the same time. But, does he mean a console that uses processes similar to the SETI program and Folding@home? Or does he mean some sort of a console that just lives online and all games are purchased online? He could possibly even be hinting at a Giant Crab Network that will specialize in, well ... you know.
Either way, it's all old-hat for Kutaragi, you had to have been integral to the design of the PlayStation 9.
- Key specs
- Game format Optical disc, Downloadable
- Online features Multiplayer, Voice chat, Video chat, Store, Browser
- Drive capacity 250 GB
- Controller type Wired, Wireless
- Motion controls Accelerometer, Gyroscopic
- Video outputs HDMI (v1.3), RCA / composite
- Released 2012-09-25