If you live in the UK and were hit by the advertising blitzkrieg that heralded the launch of the Wii, then you know this ad agency's work. Of course, you might have some opinions, be they negative or positive, about how the Wii was advertised in the region, so the news that the agency responsible (Leo Burnett) is calling it quits with Nintendo could be a good or bad thing in your eyes.
The agency worked with Nintendo for 7 years and reportedly split with Nintendo due to a "change in business requirements," says UK marketing director Dawn Paine. If Marketing Magazine is to be believed, this all stems from a series of documentary-style commercials Leo Burnett shot for the Wii, which Nintendo insisted be reshot to 'look more like ads' weeks before the console's launch.
- Key specs
- Reviews • 330
- Game format Optical disc, Downloadable
- Online features Multiplayer, Voice chat, Store, Browser
- Drive capacity 512 MB
- Controller type Wired, Wireless
- Motion controls Accelerometer, Camera / optical
- Video outputs Component, RCA / composite, S-Video
- Weight 2.65 lb
- Released 2006-11-19