- 1080p upscaling for DVDs, PS2 and PS1 games. Whether or not the PS3 natively boosts the resolution of games isn't specified, but any form of upscaling should help soften the visual blows received from that fancy HDTV of yours. Upscaled DVD movies won't compare well to Blu-ray movies, but they'll tide you over until American Ninja 4 gets a release on Sony's format. Note that DVD movies can only be upconverted using an HDMI connection.
- PSP Remote Play via internet. This time it might really work! If you find yourself longing for the content on your PS3 but are unable to make it home, the PSP can display your media through the terrifying power of the internets. You'll need PSP firmware 3.5 though -- and that's not out until the end of the month.
- DLNA media center connectivity. Media content stored on DLNA-enabled PCs and laptops can be shared and viewed on PS3 systems.
- Print photos with Epson printers. Images stored on the PS3 hard drive can be printed using compatible printers.
- Enhanced save file transfer. Saved PlayStation or PlayStation 2 game files can now be transferred from the PS3 back onto a PS1/PS2 memory card via the Memory Card Adaptor.
[Via PS3 Fanboy, thanks to everyone who sent this in]
- Key specs
- Game format Optical disc, Downloadable
- Online features Multiplayer, Voice chat, Video chat, Store, Browser
- Drive capacity 250 GB
- Controller type Wired, Wireless
- Motion controls Accelerometer, Gyroscopic
- Video outputs HDMI (v1.3), RCA / composite
- Released 2012-09-25