- Production on Last Remnant began shortly after the completion of the PS2 remake of Romancing SaGa, dubbed Minstrel's Song.
- Getting used to Unreal Engine 3 was a difficult task, they said. Early work started with getting tons of characters on screen at once.
- The battle system may be too complicated, they've been warned. Well, if any of you experienced the hellish amounts of fun and confusion from SaGa Frontier 2, we're sure this won't be that tough. The four designers agree.
- Like in games akin to Ogre Battle (the N64 version comes to mind), you can organize your units in groups of five, choosing who to put in which units. Their attacks won't be automatic, though. You issue commands yourself, like a standard RPG.
- The trailer shown at the Square Enix party was all real-time, but the rendering and such were only at 30%. So expect a lot to appear different with the final product.
- The game should be about 30 hours in length.
- No release date, yet.
Our interest in this game went from "very interested" to "seriously, get my checkbook right this moment" after hearing the staff behind the game are being just as ambitious as with every SaGa title. But does this portend a poor reception for the game? Or will the casting aside of the SaGa name, a different direction, and other such artistic and gameplay choices turn people on?
- Key specs
- Reviews • 18
- Game format Optical disc, Downloadable
- Online features Multiplayer, Voice chat, Video chat, Store, Browser
- Drive capacity 250 GB
- Controller type Wired, Wireless
- Motion controls Accelerometer, Gyroscopic
- Video outputs HDMI (v1.3), RCA / composite
- Released 2012-09-25
Microsoft Xbox 360