Included in the lineup will be Cortana, Grunts, the Brute Chieftain and, of course, Master Chief, standing proud at five inches tall. Announced vehicles include the Warthog, Ghost, and the new Brute Chopper. No Mongoose yet, but here's hoping everyone's favorite ATV will eventually make it on the list.
McFarlane Toys is known for creating high-quality figures from a number of movies, television shows, and comics. Todd McFarlane, CEO of McFarlane Toys and the dude behind Spawn, is also designing special edition Halo Xbox 360 controllers and a headset, as reported earlier. McFarlane also produced a series of figures for Soul Calibur II, and designed the character Necrid for inclusion in the game. Let's just hope that Master Chief is the only big green guy around this time.
Details of the figures and vehicles from the press release, and a nice shot of the prototype MC figure after the jump.
[Via Xbox 360 Fanboy]
The proposed lineup is as follows:
- Master Chief -- The protagonist of the Halo series stands at 5 inches tall, and has more than 18 points of articulation. Equipped with his trademark assault rifle, Master Chief's mission is to protect Earth against the Covenant, an alien empire threatening the world in the 26th century. Biological and cybernetic enhancements and rigorous military training have resulted in Master Chief's unquestioned status as the finest soldier mankind has ever produced.
- Brute Chieftain -- The highest rank in the Brute hierarchy is the Chieftain, whose articulated figure is the tallest of the series at 6 inches. Belonging to the Covenant, the Brute Chieftain carries the gravity hammer, a close-range weapon with the ability to alter gravity at a local level and crush his enemies and surroundings.
- Cortana -- Developed by the United Nations Space Command (UNSC), Cortana is a smart A.I. with the ability to project herself as a holographic image and be transferred between computer systems, including the cybernetic armor of Master Chief. This figure's base features an LED light that illuminates her 4.5 inch-tall figure.
- Jackal Sniper -- To the benefit of the Covenant, Jackal Snipers have incredibly sharp reflexes and deadly aim. Standing at 5 inches, the Jackal Sniper is equipped with its signature beam rifle, which has the ability for long range shooting and a high degree of damage.
- Grunt (2-pack) -- At 3.5 inches tall, the Grunt is a menace to the human race, and represents the vast majority of the Covenant infantry. The Grunts are the lowest tier of the Covenant hierarchy, and move in packs. They are expected to unquestioningly obey the commands of their Brute commanders. Outfitted with weapons including the Plasma Pistol and Needler, the Grunts may not seem much more than cannon fodder, but in groups, they can be deadly.
- Warthog -- As the most widely recognized vehicle of the UNSC, the Warthog is a ground vehicle capable of carrying up to three soldiers. Known as the best all-around vehicle for its power, adaptability and toughness, the Warthog measures 3 inches in length and is built of die-cast metal and plastic.
- Ghost -- The Ghost is a single-seat, anti-gravity vehicle used by the Covenant. Mounted with twin plasma cannons, the Ghost is a rapid-attack vehicle designed for speed and maneuverability. The Ghost is 3 inches long and made with die-cast metal and plastic.
- Brute Chopper -- The Brute Chopper makes its debut in Halo 3. A single-wheeled vehicle, the Brute Chopper will prove invaluable to the Covenant's campaign against humanity. With a length of 3 inches, the Brute Chopper will be made of die-cast metal and plastic.
- Key specs
- Reviews • 365
- Game format Optical disc, Downloadable
- Online features Multiplayer, Voice chat, Video chat, Store
- Drive capacity 4 GB
- Controller type Wired, Wireless
- Motion controls Camera / optical
- Video outputs Component, HDMI (v1.4)
- Weight 10.9 lb
- Released 2010-08-03