WoW Insider Tabard Tabard Contest
No Purchase Required to Enter or Win
- Eligibility: The WoW Insider Tabard Tabard Contest (the "Contest") is open only to individuals who are legal residents of the fifty (50) United States (including the District of Columbia) 18 years of age or older. Employees of Weblogs, Inc., AOL LLC, its advertising or promotion agencies, those involved in the production, development, implementation or handling of Contest, any agents acting for, or on behalf of the above entities, their respective parent companies, officers, directors, subsidiaries, affiliates, licensees, service providers, prize suppliers any other person or entity associated with Contest (collectively "Contest Entities") and/or the immediate family (spouse, parents, siblings and children) and household members (whether related or not) of each such employee, are not eligible. Subject to all federal, state and local laws and regulations. Void in Puerto Rico and where prohibited by law.
- Sponsor: The Contest is sponsored by Weblogs, Inc., 331 N. Maple Drive, Beverly Hills, CA 90210 ("Sponsor").
- Agreement to Official Rules: Participation in the Contest constitutes entrant's full and unconditional agreement to and acceptance of these Official Rules and the decisions of the Sponsor, which are final and binding. Winning a prize is contingent upon fulfilling all requirements set forth herein.
- Entry Period: The Contest begins at 9:00 am ET on June 26, 2007 and ends at 11:59 pm ET on June 28, 2007 (the "Entry Period"). Entries submitted before or after the Entry Period will be disqualified.
- Entry: Go to http://wow.joystiq.com/2007
/06/26/it-came-from-the-blog -tabard-contest/ and submit a tabard tabard by following the instructions. There is no limit to the number of tabards you can submit; however, each tabard must be unique. The use of any agencies or automated software to submit entries will void all entries submitted by that person.
- Judging: All submissions will be judged by Weblogs editorial staff according to tabard value, to be assessed solely by the Weblogs staff, whose decisions are final. The judges will select the top ten (10) tabards which will be voted on by the public. In the event an insufficient number of eligible entries are received, Sponsor may select fewer than ten (10) tabards.
- Voting: From 9:00 am ET on June 30, 2007 until 8:59 am ET on July 1, 2007, the top ten (10) tabards (as selected by the judges) will be posted at http://wow.joystiq.com/2007
/06/30/icftb-tabard -vote/ for public voting. The tabard receiving the most votes will be declared the potential Grand Prize Winner. The two (2) tabards with the next highest amount of votes will be declared the potential First Prize Winners. In the event of a tie, the judges will select the winner. Limit one (1) vote per person. The use of any agencies or automated software to submit votes will void all votes submitted by that person.
- Winner Notification: The Sponsor will attempt to notify the potential winners on or about July 1, 2007. In order for winners to receive their prize, they must respond to the email within the stated timeframe and provide their full name, age and mailing address. Failure of any winner to provide this information within the stated timeframe will result in forfeiture of the prize. Limit one (1) prize per household.
- Requirements of the Potential Winners: Except where prohibited, the potential winners may be required to complete and return an affidavit of eligibility and liability/publicity release (the "Affidavit/Release") within seven (7) days of being notified. If a potential winner fails to sign and return the Affidavit/Release within the required time period, an alternate entrant will be selected in his/her place.
- Prizes: All three (3) Winners will receive an "I'm Only Here Because My Server Is Down" t-shirt (Approximate Retail Value: $15). In addition, the Grand Prize Winner's tabard will be used and worn by the guild.
No cash or other substitution may be made, except by the Sponsor, who reserves the right to substitute a prize with another prize of equal or greater value if the prize is not available for any reason as determined by the Sponsor in its sole discretion. The winners are responsible for any taxes and fees associated with receipt or use of a prize.
- General Conditions: In the event that the operation, security, or administration of the Contest is impaired in any way for any reason, including, but not limited to fraud, virus, or other technical problem, the Sponsor may, in its sole discretion, either: (a) suspend the Contest to address the impairment and then resume the Contest in a manner that best conforms to the spirit of these Official Rules; or (b) award the prizes from among the eligible entries received up to the time of the impairment. The Sponsor reserves the right in its sole discretion to disqualify any individual it finds to be tampering with the entry process or the operation of the Contest or to be acting in violation of these Official Rules or in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner. Any attempt by any person to undermine the legitimate operation of the Contest may be a violation of criminal and civil law, and, should such an attempt be made, the Sponsor reserves the right to seek damages from any such person to the fullest extent permitted by law. The Sponsor's failure to enforce any term of these Official Rules shall not constitute a waiver of that provision. In the event of a dispute regarding the identity of any potential winner, the potential winner will be deemed to be the authorized account holder of the email address submitted at time of Promotion entry. The authorized account holder is defined as the natural person who is assigned an email address by an Internet access provider, online service provider or other organization that is responsible for assigning email addresses or the domain associated with the submitted email address. A potential winner may be requested to provide the Sponsor with proof that the potential winner is the authorized account holder of the email address associated with the winning entry. In the case of an eligible minor, the potential winner's parent or legal guardian may be the authorized account holder. If a dispute cannot be resolved, the entry will be deemed ineligible.
- Release and Limitations of Liability: By participating in the Contest, entrants agree to release and hold harmless Contest Entities from and against any claim or cause of action arising out of participation in the Contest or receipt or use of any prize, including, but not limited to: (a) unauthorized human intervention in the Contest; (b) technical errors related to computers, servers, providers, or telephone or network lines; (c) printing errors; (d) lost, late, postage-due, misdirected, or undeliverable mail; (e) errors in the administration of the Contest or the processing of entries; or (f) injury or damage to persons or property which may be caused, directly or indirectly, in whole or in part, from entrant's participation in the Contest or receipt of any prize. Entrant further agrees that in any cause of action, the Contest Entities' liability will be limited to the cost of entering and participating in the Contest, and in no event shall the Contest Entities be liable for attorney's fees. Entrant waives the right to claim any damages whatsoever, including, but not limited to, punitive, consequential, direct, or indirect damages.
- Disputes: Except where prohibited, entrant agrees that any and all disputes, claims and causes of action arising out of, or connected with, the Contest or any prize awarded shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, and exclusively by the appropriate court located in the Commonwealth of Virginia. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, entrant's rights and obligations, or the rights and obligations of the Sponsors in connection with the Contest, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of the Commonwealth of Virginia, without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules (whether of the Commonwealth of Virginia or any other jurisdiction), which would cause the application of the laws of any jurisdiction other than the Commonwealth of Virginia.
- Contest Results: To request the name of the winners, send a self-addressed stamped envelope to WoW Tabard Tabard Winners List, 22070 Broderick Drive – 12E:D01, Dulles, VA 20166. Requests must be received by July 15, 2007.