The honest truth is that folks like ourselves and Bill Griffeth know the reasons why, after only 230 days on the US market, Sony has cut the cost of the PlayStation 3. But like a bunch of oiled up wrestlers entering a cage match, we just want to hear them say it. While he doesn't ride Tretton for the introduction of another $600 model, that doesn't mean he bucks him gently either. The "10 year strategy" spin sounds nice when considering the history of the PlayStation brand, but the odds have never been this stacked against their favor.
CNBC does manage to misquote some vital numbers as their "worldwide sales" are actually the US sales. Tretton closes with "the PS3 is still dominant," though the numbers are telling quite the story.
- Key specs
- Reviews • 18
- Game format Optical disc, Downloadable
- Online features Multiplayer, Voice chat, Video chat, Store, Browser
- Drive capacity 250 GB
- Controller type Wired, Wireless
- Motion controls Accelerometer, Gyroscopic
- Video outputs HDMI (v1.3), RCA / composite
- Released 2012-09-25