Game designer, book author and all-around know-it-all David Sirlin has posted some details about the gameplay changes he's making to the upcoming XBLA/PSN version of Super Puzzle Fighter II Turbo. Sirlin said he was tired of high-level matches in the original always coming down to two characters -- Ken and Donovan -- so he gently tweaked the drop patterns for some other characters' attacks to give them a fighting chance. Don't worry purists, Dan still sucks just as much as ever.
Sirlin also said that the HD version will add quick drops (using the up button) and fix a glitch that significantly overpowered the color-clearing diamonds. That's all well and good, but it ignores the only question we really care about -- how will a super-deformed Chun Li's helicopter kick look in high definition?
- Key specs
- Game format Optical disc, Downloadable
- Online features Multiplayer, Voice chat, Video chat, Store, Browser
- Drive capacity 250 GB
- Controller type Wired, Wireless
- Motion controls Accelerometer, Gyroscopic
- Video outputs HDMI (v1.3), RCA / composite
- Released 2012-09-25
Microsoft Xbox 360