The game will feature 40 cars. Racing locations noted in the press release include Eiger Nordwand, the London City Track and Suzuka. As previously discussed, Prologue will feature 16-player online matches. Unsurprisingly, the game will run at 1080p and 60fps, though the replays will only play back at 30fps. Also mentioned in the press release is Gran Turismo TV, a channel for the PlayStation Network that gives access to "a world of great motoring TV programming online."
No details have been announced as to whether the Blu-ray release will, like Warhawk, contain extra content. If Prologue isn't enough for you, the full Gran Turismo 5 is due out in 2008.
- Key specs
- Game format Optical disc, Downloadable
- Online features Multiplayer, Voice chat, Video chat, Store, Browser
- Drive capacity 250 GB
- Controller type Wired, Wireless
- Motion controls Accelerometer, Gyroscopic
- Video outputs HDMI (v1.3), RCA / composite
- Released 2012-09-25