Joystiq reader Steven A. sent us word that Nintendo will soon offer to replace copies of Super Paper Mario in the PAL territories due to a game freezing bug. Steven even made a video of the bug which we've placed after the break. Nintendo states the error is very specific and occurs in Chapter 2-2. If you talk to Mimi a second time without picking up a specific key the game will freeze and you'll have to reset the system. If you've passed Chapter 2-2 without any issue, you're in the clear.
For those wondering why this issue is coming up now, it's because Europe just got Super Paper Mario last week. The game freeze does not damage the console and you can avoid the bug by avoiding the trigger described. Nintendo will soon explain the replacement program on their website.
- Key specs
- Reviews • 328
- Game format Optical disc, Downloadable
- Online features Multiplayer, Voice chat, Store, Browser
- Drive capacity 512 MB
- Controller type Wired, Wireless
- Motion controls Accelerometer, Camera / optical
- Video outputs Component, RCA / composite, S-Video
- Weight 2.65 lb
- Released 2006-11-19