Now for the bads news: The update, well, it's, um, it's ... (how to put this?) ...
Was that too harsh? Maybe. There are some welcome features. Here's the complete 2.00 breakdown:
- Remote Start - Energy savings: no need to leave your PS3 on all day while you periodically access it with your PSP during coffee breaks.
- Information Board - Scrolling headlines, handpicked by Sony for Sony. (Thankfully, you can disable the ticker until a later update, when Sony plans to let you import your own RSS feeds.)
- Themes - Create. Share. Love. Ain't that what community is all about? [Joystiq's pick for 'Best New Feature'; customize backgrounds, icons and fonts with companion PC software; supported by PlayStation.com and PlayStation Store.]
- XMB Color Selector - Take control of the mood.
- Music & Photo Playlists - But no Music-Photo playlists.
- Additional Sorting Options - Now you can sort your music ... (ready for this?) ... by year!
- DualShock 3 support - A "last-gen" feature renewed (without a US release date).
- PLAYSTATION Network XMB group - Attention: PlayStation Store has moved to a new icon.
- Canon printer support - 'Cause even game consoles need to print things.
Music playlists is just not the feature we're looking for a year into PS3's life cycle. And still we wait.
- Key specs
- Reviews • 18
- Game format Optical disc, Downloadable
- Online features Multiplayer, Voice chat, Video chat, Store, Browser
- Drive capacity 250 GB
- Controller type Wired, Wireless
- Motion controls Accelerometer, Gyroscopic
- Video outputs HDMI (v1.3), RCA / composite
- Released 2012-09-25