While Collins said he was proud of HD DVD's strong performance against Blu-Ray, his desire for a fight to the death between the formats left something to be desired. "The [Blu-ray] camp's claims about Microsoft's desire to have a format war are baseless," Collins said.
Sony CEO Howard Stringer, for his part, told the AP said he thought the high-def disc battle had reached a stalemate, mainly due to the lower costs of HD DVD players and the defection of Paramount to the HD DVD camp. That's OK though ... apparently the winner of the movie war doesn't matter all that much after all. "It doesn't mean as much as all that," Sony CEO Howard Stringer told the AP. Yeah ... and those grapes are probably sour, anyway.
Read - Microsoft / Home Media Magazine (via High-Def Digest)
Read - Sony / AP
- Key specs
- Reviews • 18
- Game format Optical disc, Downloadable
- Online features Multiplayer, Voice chat, Video chat, Store, Browser
- Drive capacity 250 GB
- Controller type Wired, Wireless
- Motion controls Accelerometer, Gyroscopic
- Video outputs HDMI (v1.3), RCA / composite
- Released 2012-09-25
Microsoft Xbox 360