The UK-based Times Online reports that Nintendo plans on moving some of its already-scheduled Wii advertising to early 2008, citing unprecedented demand for the console as the main factor in its retail vanishing act. It's the same story we've heard before -- that Nintendo is working at full capacity, pumping Wii's out as fast as possible in order to sate the insatiable consumer demand.
Pulling advertising, however, is an entirely new move. A Nintendo spokesman told Times Online that the ads were being pushed back to 2008 in an attempt to "act responsibly." Charles Dickens would be proud.
- Key specs
- Reviews • 330
- Game format Optical disc, Downloadable
- Online features Multiplayer, Voice chat, Store, Browser
- Drive capacity 512 MB
- Controller type Wired, Wireless
- Motion controls Accelerometer, Camera / optical
- Video outputs Component, RCA / composite, S-Video
- Weight 2.65 lb
- Released 2006-11-19