Rhythm games seem to be in abundance these days, but Patapon's a little different than most. For starters, it's cute, reminiscent of the super-huggable LocoRoco. It's also not about being in a rock band, or just tapping buttons to the beat of your MP3s -- It's about war.
As seen in the trailer above, players control a tiny army of one-eyed minions of by pounding on drums, which the little men respond to by performing certain actions. It's part Lemmings, part Space Channel 5, and after spending some time with it at this year's Tokyo Game Show, it's definitely got our attention. To adorable battle!
- Key specs
- Reviews • 108
- Game format Optical disc, Downloadable
- Screen size 4.3 inches
- Online features Multiplayer, Voice chat, Store, Browser
- Direction control D-pad, Thumb stick (1)
- Camera External (1.3 megapixels)
- Dimensions 71.4 x 169.4 x 18.6 in
- Weight 6.67 oz
- Discontinued 2008-10-15