In the magazine's Q&A section, Nintendo's official response is: "There are no plans right now for a Kirby game on Wii but there are plenty of Kirby fans out there, so in the meantime look out for Kirby in the upcoming Super Smash Bros. Brawl which will be released in 2008."
Though Kirby has always been best suited to 2D side-scrolling adventures, we're still a bit disappointed that Nintendo isn't considering any Wii love for the squishy mascot. We can't think of any clever waggle functionality, but wouldn't it just be fun to turn the Wii-mote on its side and let Kirby run free in a 2.5D adventure?
[Via Wii Fanboy]
- Key specs
- Reviews • 329
- Game format Optical disc, Downloadable
- Online features Multiplayer, Voice chat, Store, Browser
- Drive capacity 512 MB
- Controller type Wired, Wireless
- Motion controls Accelerometer, Camera / optical
- Video outputs Component, RCA / composite, S-Video
- Weight 2.65 lb
- Released 2006-11-19