Today in World of WarCrafts I thought I would show you how to make a more "crafty" project. So this time I am going to make a Healthstone. How you may ask can a mere mortal conjure a Healthstone? Ah, young ones I am more than just a mortal. I am a mighty Warlock with special powers. Okay, maybe not but I can make a soap that looks a bit like a Healthstone. To make your Healthstone you will need to gather a few supplies.
- 3 oz. white melt and pour soap base
- Yellow and green soap coloring (not food coloring unless you want green skin)
- 3 inch round soap mold with a flat bottom
- 3/4 inch round cookie or fondant cutter
- Drinking straw
- Glass or plastic microwave safe measuring cup with a spout
- Bamboo skewer or spoon for stirring the color into the soap
- Spray bottle with rubbing alcohol
- Soap scent drops (optional)
You should be able to find most of these supplies at your local craft store or online. Once you have gathered your supplies it is time to begin conjuring.
- Melt half the soap in your measuring cup. To do this chop the base into chunks and place it the cup. Microwave for 20-30 seconds and check it. Use your skewer to stir it and if there are any remaining lumps microwave it in 10 second intervals until totally melted.
- Add 5-7 drops of the green coloring until you reach your desired color. Stir with your skewer until the color is evenly mixed. This will make up the background color for your Healthstone so make it darker or greener that you make the spots. Add 2-3 drops of scent if you want and mix well.
- Pour the melted soap into your mold. Spray once with the rubbing alcohol to pop any bubbles. Let it set. This could take up to 5 minutes to now is the time to make a snack if you want one.
- Once the soap has set up take your fondant cutter and cut out a large circle near the bottom of the soap. Gently press it into the soap but not too hard. You may have to spin it a few times to get it to cut all the way and then let go. Next do the same with the straw, making several smaller holes in the upper part of the soap. (See picture)
- Gently press on the bottom of the mold to get the cut out pieces to come out of the mold. You can toss thse or save them for some other soap project.
- Now place the rest of your soap base in the measuring cup and melt it.
- Add 2-3 drops of green coloring and 2-3 drops of yellow until you reach a more yellow green color. Add 2-4 more drops of scent if you wish and mix well.
- Pour into the mold and let it fill your holes. So the lighter green shows through to the front. Let the soap set up completely. This could take up to 30 minutes so now you can get in s bit of WoW time while you wait.
- Once it has set up you can turn the mold over and gently press to remove the soap from the mold.
- If some of your lighter green has leaked through you can buff it away with a paper towel or other soft cloth.
I hope that this project was fun and relatively easy for you. If you want more tips on making soap you can find step by step instructions at Teach Soap.