Let me begin by warning you that this week's WarCraft is a bit tacky, corny and even a little silly. So, if you have issues with any of those things coming into play here then STOP READING NOW! If you don't have problems with it and could use a WoW related giggle in your day please, join me as I create today's IRL item the Flash Wand.
I feel I must say that none of my characters have this wand so I'm hoping very much that the screen shot I am basing my whole project off of is correct. If not then, oh well, its still fun.
To begin you will need to print off four identical star shapes on card stock or buy two of those star decorations you can get at party stores.
You will also need:
- a paper towel tube
- duct tape or packing tape depending of you you want a sliver or simply shiny wand
- curling ribbon
- scotch tape
- Cut out your star shapes and glue the wrong sides together. Allow to dry. if using store bought stars skip to step 2
- Cut into each star about half way and slide them together to make a 3D star
- Smash the paper towel tube and fold it as best you can into thirds
- Wrap the tube with your packing or duct tape
- Tape the star to one end your wrapped tube
- Cut 8" lengths of curling ribbon and curl them
- Tape your ribbon curls to the top point of your star