The Wall Street Journal reports that Nintendo's highly anticipated and equally exhausting balancercise board and game, Wii Fit, will arrive arrive beneath American feet on May 19th. The exercise program and peripheral, a result of designer Shigeru Miyamoto's habitual monitoring of his own weight, has sold over a million units in Japan following its launch in December.
The article, which predicts an official announcement from Nintendo later today (see update above), also pins the launch of the WiiWare service to May 12th. WiiWare will be a new download service offering smaller, independent games from developers such as Steel Penny Games and doublesix.
[Via Wii Fanboy]
- Key specs
- Reviews • 329
- Game format Optical disc, Downloadable
- Online features Multiplayer, Voice chat, Store, Browser
- Drive capacity 512 MB
- Controller type Wired, Wireless
- Motion controls Accelerometer, Camera / optical
- Video outputs Component, RCA / composite, S-Video
- Weight 2.65 lb
- Released 2006-11-19