Loot Reaver: Void Reaver, so called because he's basically a loot pinata; hit him a few times until you get epics to drop.
Karathon: Coined this week, it's when you finish Karazhan all in one night.
Flawless Victory: Finishing a fight without any deaths (using Reincarnation or the Druid rez doesn't count).
"On Notice": Meesa boss is gonna die? Yes. Yes he is.
Got more insider guild jargon for us? If so, send them (and all your other guild news tips, anonymous as always) to firstname.lastname@example.org, and click the link below to see this week's Guildwatch, chock full of drama, downed, and recruiting news.
- A tipster tells us that The Nameless on Moonrunner lost their top officers this weekend due to "constant drama, begging, whining and finger pointing." Sounds pretty serious. Many of them apparently followed their Karazhan raid leader to a new guild: Jesters Court, which subsequently cleared out "Zul'Gurub" in six hours. I'm assuming that they mean Zul'Aman, because otherwise maybe they better head back and see if they can get back into Nameless' Kara raids again.
- GW Reader Mail: a tank on The Scryers-A is in a guild he likes, but they're not really moving that quickly towards endgame, and when he runs PuGs, he says he sees how much he's missing. Our advice: if you can, leave the guild on friendly terms. You can still run when they need it, and then you can find a new guild to make your way into the endgame. If you can't leave on friendly terms, then maybe organize some raids of your own -- run a few more PuGs, pick up a few good players and add them to a couple from your guild, and soon you'll be tanking Kara like a pro.
- Disposable Heroes on Dunemaul got their guild bank jacked by an old member who apparently passed his account back to someone else, but still had officer status. I don't know how you avoid that, except to maybe keep your permissions close and your officers closer. The good news is that they're recovering from it, if a little slowly.
- Annarchy has formed a third 25-man group, with a whopping 10 concurrent 10man runs.
Has formed it's 3rd concurrent 25-man raid group, along with 10 concurrent 10-man runs. Joining Nascent(BT) and Wasted Daze(SSC/TK) is I.L.L. Relevant(named after their Kara run I.L.L. Legitimate, an MGM run) to replace the 2 other 25-man groups that became multi-guild runs.
- News about Hashbrownz, that ninja we outed last week: He's apparently transfered to Thorium Brotherhood, and set off the Al'ar buff there with the Verdant Sphere in Shattrath. He changed his name (we haven't been told what it is), but apparently he's done raiding and only wants to RP.
- More GW Reader Mail and I'll let you all answer this one: "Dear GW, I am an officer in a medium / large casual guild. My question is, what do you do with a guild member who has obvious personal problems?" Apparently there's a guy in the guild who has a family, but may have addiction problems -- his fellow guildies are worried he's avoiding family, work, and marriage responsibilities. As an officer and virtual friend, our tipster wants to know if he has an obligation to step in or if he should mind his own business. Here's what WoW Insider's Scott Andrews said, and I tend to agree: though you think you might, you just don't know what's going on in this guy's life, and his problems are his to deal with. There's not much you can do through a chat window anyway; if you feel guilty, go volunteer at a counseling center or a homeless shelter, and help the people you know need help. But I'll let you all answer on your own in the comments below -- at what point should you (or is there even a point at all) step in to help out a fellow guildie in real life?
- Drama from Gnomer: our tipster says that Kadja on that server got a little fresh with female guildies of his (we're not sure if it's in Dragonblight or Legend of Legends), and certain media (pictures and videos of him, errr, "running daily quests," if you know what I mean) were allegedly exchanged between him and them (check out Marita's comment here to see what's being alleged). Moot point, however, as Kadja is apparently quitting the game. We're told that he bragged about his sexual creepiness in guild chat, but while there's not much evidence of that in the forum thread, he does confess to playing poker (with an addon, looks like) during raids. The guy's just weird, and proud of it, apparently.
- Shut Up and Pull on Shu'halo is going through a rough patch lately. They lost one of their better healers a ways back, and now there are rumors that The Millenion, another guild on the server, is contributing to the mess. SUaP might make it, or they might not, but either way, it should be fun to watch -- check out the awesome TLDR /gquit message crossposted from their boards on page 2.
- Two guilds leaving Anvilmar-A: Vendetta broke up, and Macabre broke apart thanks to a bank-looting and server transfer by the GM Dayquill and his girlfriend. Hate it when that happens.
- Here's a tip for anyone applying to a guild: don't confess to being a ninja, noob or otherwise. Hilarious.
- Synergy on Shattered Halls cleared out Karazhan for the first time. Zul'Aman (the whole thing) is on notice.
- Chaos and Mayhem (who didn't tell us what server they are on) dropped Solarian, and both the Hex Lord and Fathom Lord last week.
- J E T T (does that stand for something?) on Kalecgos downed Leotheras The Blind while maintaining their three-hour learning curve. If Morogrim is lucky he won't have to suffer for three hours-- he's on notice.
- Southern Wardens on Proudmoore downed Hydross on their fourth attempt this week. That's four new bosses in five weeks. Rock on!
- Annarchy on Dark Iron-A has formed a third 25-man group, with a whopping 10 concurrent 10man runs.
Has formed it's 3rd concurrent 25man raid group, along with 10 concurrent 10-man runs. Joining Nascent (BT) and Wasted Daze (SSC/TK) is I.L.L. Relevant (named after their Kara run I.L.L. Legitimate) to replace the 2 other 25man groups that became multi-guild runs. That's a lot of raiding.
- Draconis Occisoris on Staghelm-H cleared Gruul's Lair on their first night of attempts. Magtheridon is on notice, and they're currently recruiting all classes and specs.
- Colossus of Eldre'thalas dropped Kael'thas. After a month of attempts and the lose of a few of their raiders they came together and downed the bastige. And to cap it off the next night they went into Mount Hyjal and downed Rage Winterchill and Anetheron. Kaz'rogal is on notice.
- The New Inquisition on Blackhand-A has dropped Mags and Hydross in the last two weeks, capping a long series of attempts, so they say it feels good. They also predict "someone, somewhere is on notice." Hopefully it's not me.
- The Bit Players on Lothar-A has had an awesome year thus far; knocking down 7 new bosses in all, and Tidewalker is on notice. A second 25man group is also forming, and should be starting in the next few weeks.
- Redeemed on Burning Blade-A dropped Vashj and Kael is almost there. They're also looking for resto shammies and warlocks.
- Virtus on Rivendare put Al'ar on notice last week, and this week he doesn't have to worry any more: he's downed. Kudos go to raidleader Ralcor, who didn't let the wipes keep him from leading the guild to victory. Just one question: who's getting taken out next?
- Order of Thought on Malfurion-H finished off the Eagle boss in ZA, took out Void Reaver, and sent me a new raiding term: a Karathon, which is where you clear the place all in one night. I love it. Lurker is on notice., and they're recruiting healers -- "if you're a tree, we'll hug you like a bunch of smelly hippies."
- Evolution is a Horde guild on Moonrunner that downed Void Reaver on with a two shot last week. Hydross is on notice.
- Jungle Style on Windrunner (winner of this week's Best Guild Name award) downed Morogrim Tidewalker, Fathom-Lord and Leo in two nights to become 5/6 in SSC. Grats!
- Hostilitÿ of Frostwolf cleared Gruul's Lair out in one night. They brought along a few pick-up folks, but they've since become guildies. And they're still recruiting -- a few tanks and other clases.
- Unforgettable on Magtheridon-H has cleared Hyjal and gone 5/9 in BT. They're recruiting also, specifically healers in an attempt to clear BT before 2.4.
- After putting it off for (we're told) a long time, Lucidity on Thorium Brotherhood-A finally downed Kazzak and Doomwalker for guild firsts. Later in the week, they finished off Vashj, too.
- Vicimus on Twisting Nether downed Gruul for the first time last night. Next up is likely to be SSC. Good luck in there.
- Whiskey Brigade of Eredar is a casual guild that nevertheless downed Vashj this week, making them 6/6 and 3/4. Grats!
- Conviction on Eitrigg-H downed Kael'thas! Very nice!
- Tyranus Supremacy of Shu'halo killed Prince Kael'thas this week, and good for them.
- Casual Heroes on Rexxar server cleared Kara for the first time, and they had a flawless victory (no deaths) on both Prince and Nightbane. They're also filling out ranks for the 25man content, so join up if you're interested.
- Rebellion on Akama have downed Solarian and Leotheras. Morogrim and Al'ar are next, but only one boss can be on notice at a time, so we'll say Morogrim.
- Relentless on Scryers-A, defeated both Nalorakk and Akil'zon without a single death! Flawless victory! Jan'ali is on notice.
- Reckless Will on Sentinels dropped Gruul like a ton of bricks. Mag's on notice!
- Death Wish SH from Shattered Halls has cleared all of SSC (including Vashj) and all of TK (including Kael) as well as Rage in Hyjal. Vashj, Kael, and Rage are all server firsts. Very nice.
- Knights of the Legion on EU Draenor are rolling: they one-shotted Solarian and drove Leo to his death. They also took out the Phoenix God Al'ar after four tries. They're also recruiting for more raiders, but no phone applications.
- Serious Business on Argent Dawn downed Archi, and watched his blood flow down the sides of Mount Hyjal. Grats to them.
- Sol Invictus of Thrall took out Kael and Mister Winterloot this week, and many more to come.
- The Gauntlet on EU Nordrassil-A downed Archimonde for a guild first. Oh, and they'd like to add: "By (DOOM)FIRE BE PURGED!"
- Omni (Kel'Thuzad-H) downed Vashj, Kael, Rage, and Anetheron. Grats!
- Zmierzch Lordaeronu, casual Polish guild on EU Shadowsong has just cleared Zul'Aman for the first time. With Lurker, Hydros and Morogrim, downed, they're looking forward for next boss to kill. What to down now? Decisions, decisions...
- Dooms Assailants on Silvermoon is recruiting keyed, committed level 70s to fill Kara weekly and eventually move to 25man raids. Definitely make sure you can make their raid times of 5pm PST Mon and Wed-Sat.
- Chaotic Effects is rolling right along on Dunemaul right now. The guild consists of a backbone of old raiders wanting to start fresh with new classes, players who have never raided before, and server transfers. They're working through Gruul right now and recruiting all classes except Shaman.
- Malicious Intent on Defias Brotherhood is a casual raiding guild for hardcore players. The only rule is to to be mature, so "if you talk loot or l33t you will fail your trial period." They are fresh but experienced and have an agenda: in 3 weeks of raiding 25mans they have moved to 15th Horde side on the Defias Brotherhood server according to WowJutsu. That leaves twelve more guilds to overtake. They're looking for an enthusiastic prot Warrior who's ready to raid three days a week.
- The Battousai is recruiting on Llane. They are raiding Kara and want to recruit members, especially healers. They raid at about 3-4 AM server time, as most of them are from Asia.
- The Colbert Nation didn't mention a server, but they need holy priests to down Vashj and Kael before 2.4 gets to live. So hurry up -- only those two are standing in between them and MH/BT and more.
- Nothing to Loose on Bronzebeard-A is recruiting 70s for raiding (need resto druids/shammies, prot pallies, and boomkins). They have Kara on farm status (2 teams), and are working on Gruul. Kara attunement and blues not necessary, but very helpful!
- DeathTrip on Blackhand-H is recruiting all classes and specs for endgame raiding. Don't be a jerk.
- Slayers of the Majestic on Kalecgos is currently recruiting all levels (mainly looking for healers and tanks). They are focused on teamwork, no drama and comraderie. They're up to Prince so far, and looking to get a second group started soon and also progressing into some 25 man content.
- Henchmen on Spirestone (For the Horde!) is recruiting to help fill out their 10 and 25 man teams and to hang out with fun, random people. Their 25man only runs twice a week, but we have downed Al'ar, High Astromancer, VR, and Hydross so far (progression, yay!). They're a laid-back, tight-knit crew; so those playing solely for the purplez need not apply.
- Nightfall on Uldum-H downed Kael'Thas and Rage Winterchill for the first time, and got to lollygag about in BT. Very cool. They are also looking to recruit a T5-geared prot pally looking to start Hyjal and Black Temple. After all, they do want to get "in the door before 2.4."
- The Kabal play Horde (but on what server), and are recruiting. They are based based on respect, helping each other out, and most importantly having fun. They're almost done in ZA, but with a few more solid additions they'll head for SSC/TK. They're especially seeking healers as well.
- Final Storm on Spinebreaker-H is recruiting to fill out a second Karazhan group. They've got tanks and DPS, but need some healer love. They're also, however, planning to head to 25mans soon, so good tanks and DPS won't be turned away. Guild leadership has been to SSC/TK, so that's where they're headed eventually.
- Hellbender (Anvilmar-A) has Kara/Gruul/Lurker/Loot Reaver on farm, and are looking for healers, mages, and warlocks to fill out raids for 25-man content.
- ReVamped on Lothar-A is currently recruiting all classes for additional Kara raid groups, 25 man content, and exploration of pre-BC content.
- Rabid Space Monkeys are recruiting for SSC and beyond. They'd like a few DPS that can pay attention and bring the big numbers, and a couple capable healers to round out the raid wouldn't hurt. And this is cool: They're running a Gruul PuG/Open Tryout on March 12, 2008 at 7pm, invites to start at 6:30. More guilds should do that.