In an ongoing series of articles we'll show you how to put WoW Insider on your own blog, guild website, personal website, or even on your computer's desktop. For a complete list of the software that's covered, check out our guide's index.
About Microsoft Outlook
Outlook is a staple of many businesses. While the program itself does have its problems, no one can deny its overwhelming acceptance in the work place. Because of this, people often spend hours a day in Outlook – answering emails, scheduling with the calendar, and managing contacts. One of the features that Microsoft has included in Outlook is an ability to subscribe to RSS news feeds. By adding WoW Insider to your Outlook news feeds, you can conspicuously stay abreast of WoW news while at work.
How to add WoW Insider to Microsoft Outlook
1. Open up Microsoft Outlook
2. Right click the "RSS Feeds" item located on the Folders bar on the left hand side of the screen.
3. Select "Add a New RSS Feed..."
4. This will open up the "New RSS Feed" window. Enter WoW Insider's RSS feed address, which as pictured above, is http://wow.joystiq.com/rss.xml .
5. Click the "Add" button.
6. Outlook will likely ask if you want to add the feed, and ask if you trust WoW Insider. Click the "Yes" button.
7. You're done! WoW Insider posts will appear just like other emails will in the preview pane of Outlook. This is great for work environments!