However, due to improving sales and smaller manufacturing costs, Sony's game division will see its operating loss shrink by 100 billion yen in its March 2008 fiscal year. While that means it will still have lost 132 billion yen, it's certainly a turnaround from the previous year. Overall profitability of Sony has improved thanks to the game division's smaller losses.
PlayStation, once the leading brand of video games, has been struggling since the launch of the PS3. In the latest console generation, Nintendo has been posting incredible profits (much to the happiness of investors). Microsoft's game division has historically posted loss after loss, but has finally started to become profitable in recent months.
- Key specs
- Reviews • 18
- Game format Optical disc, Downloadable
- Online features Multiplayer, Voice chat, Video chat, Store, Browser
- Drive capacity 250 GB
- Controller type Wired, Wireless
- Motion controls Accelerometer, Gyroscopic
- Video outputs HDMI (v1.3), RCA / composite
- Released 2012-09-25