In addition to all the other info dropping today (apparently Blizzard held an event this last week at their HQ to show off some new Wrath
information), GameSpy got to chat with Jeff Kaplan
's Lead Designer, about Death Knights and what they're going to be for in the next expansion.
- Apparently Kaplan says Blizzard has designed "zero" raid bosses for the next expansion yet, so he isn't sure where they'll fit among Pallies, Druids, and Warriors as tanks.
- DKs will have a disease-based DoT, as well as the creature and ghoul summons we've posted about previously
- As we heard before, Death Knights will serve as a "Fury Warrior" type of tank -- damage based rather than protection based.
- Blizzard hasn't determined exactly whether there will be faction differences in the epic class quests, but they won't be too different for races or factions, just because the stories, he says, should be the same
- Finally, Kaplan clarifies again that Death Knights will be available to all races, and that Arthas himself became not Undead, but Scourge
In case, maybe, Arthas wants to come back? We'll let you read the rest into what Kaplan said -- he unfortunately didn't tell us too much new information, but he did clarify a few points we already knew about Death Knights. And the news about Blizzard's nonaction on raid bosses so far is interesting -- has Blizzard really not made any raid bosses yet, or are they just not ready to tell us about them?