Gamespy has lifted their press embargo, and there's lots of new Wrath of the Lich King
info up. They apparently did a long hands-on
with the expansion, and lots of new zone and gameplay info has come out.
- The area is apparently much bigger than Outland
- There is an aerial gondola, a huge sea battle, and apparently an archeological expedition where you'll be able to fly planes
- All five Dragonflights appear in Dragonblight, a huge graveyard for dragons
- There's "a sister area to Un'goro," which means tropical rainforests. There are also lots of different areas within larger zones.
- Worgen and the sons of Arugal are back, and the Scarlet Crusade is now called the Scarlet Onslaught. And one quest is based on a mission from Warcraft III.
- Death Knight can turn dead teammates into ghouls -- "plenty of fun in the Arenas"
- There are "vehicle" quests, where players drive a vehicle (planes, trucks, or even dragons) around to accomplish tasks
Unfortunately, the Gamespy folks aren't raiders, so there's not much information about the new instances and raids in Northrend (in this piece anyway -- we've got more dungeons and raids info coming out). But just the mentions of some of this stuff -- the different vehicle quests (maybe Grand Theft Azeroth is realer than we thought) -- is enough to get us excited.