Like the Dragonblight
, we've learned a little more about the Grizzly Hills
in the last few days. A few old friends make a comeback in this zone, and I'm willing to say here and now that it's going to be awesome.
Read on to see what we know!
- The Grizzly Hills will be a low to mid 70s zone. The setting is very much like a redwood forest, Warcraftified.
- Home of the Grizzlemaw Furbolgs, one of the largest furbolg tribes in Azeroth. The furbolgs seem to be under attack on a few fronts. The first front being...
- The Venture Co. This organization, founded by a bunch of jerk goblins, is working endlessly to clearcut the great Grizzly Hills forest. Second, the furbolgs are also having trouble with...
- Corruption from the Old Gods. Or maybe just one Old God, we're not sure. I would be willing to guess this is the Old God in Azjol-Nerub.
- The dwarves of Ironforge have set up shop at Thor Modan, where they seek to learn what they can about the evil Iron Dwarves, so they may discover what they can about their origins. Thor Modan will reveal a new chapter in the story of the Titans, and the city seems to be under siege by Giants.
- Archmage Arugal left Shadowfang Keep behind and has relocated to the Grizzly Hills, raised from the dead to serve the Lich King with his army of worgen. Level 80 elite Sons of Arugal? We can only hope.
- Zul'Drak, the home of the Drakkari Ice Trolls, can be found here. It seems the Drakkari have been mostly conquered by the Scourge and they now serve the Lich King. The Grizzlemaw Furbolgs seem to be having some trouble with these guys, too.
- The Drakkari aren't unopposed, however. The Argent Dawn returns to knock the trolls down a peg.
As you can see, there's quite a bit going on! I primarily play Alliance, and though it seems the returning faces lean more towards the Horde in this region, I'm still excited. Shadowfang Keep was one of my favorite dungeons for the longest time, so I dearly hope Arugal's comeback will be awesome. The Argent Dawn is also one of the coolest factions in WoW
, so we'll see what happens!