This week, Insider Trader will be walking you through the cheapest method of reaching 375 enchanting from a skill of 300, as well as providing tips for making some money while you're at it.
Enchanting materials used in this guide:
- [Large Brilliant Shard]
- [Greater Eternal Essence]
- [Arcane Dust]
- [Illusion Dust]
- [Greater Planar Essence]
- [Large Prismatic Shard]
I'll try to avoid recipes that cannot be obtained from your trainer, and include any exceptions at the end.
- For your first skillpoint, you're going to want to construct a [Runed Fel Iron Rod]. You will need a basic [Fel Iron Rod], which, like other rods, can be obtained from a blacksmith. If you come prepared with 6x [Fel Iron Bar], you might even get a discount. You will also need 4x [Greater Eternal Essence], 6x [Large Brilliant Shard] and your old [Runed Arcanite Rod].
- You could perform [Enchant Cloak - Superior Defense] for 8x [Illusion Dust]. The recipe will be yellow at this point.
315-325-335: While these are not as cheap, they are alternatives if the market for these enchants is higher. You could also request that people provide their own materials, making it no more expensive for you.
- 1) [Enchant Cloak - Major Armor] for 8x [Arcane Dust] is one of the alternatives.
- 2) You could also perform [Enchant Gloves - Assault], also for 8x [Arcane Dust]. You could take both of these to 335 if you liked, when they turn green.
- You might be able to start selling [Enchant Chest - Major Spirit], primarily to restoration druids and the odd priest. Each enchant will cost you 2x [Greater Planar Essence]. You may find the above two enchants cheaper for this purpose, however, at least until 335.
- Here, you might want to consider getting commissioned to make [Superior Wizard Oil]. You will need 3x [Arcane Dust], 1x [Nightmare Vine], and 1x [Imbued Vial]. You could also purchase a small stack of the herbs, as ten would probably more than set you up. You could also put out a tell similar to, 'WTC [Superior Wizard Oil], free with 1x [Imbued Vial] and 2x [Nightmare Vine]. Tips welcome.'
- This turns green at 350.
- You'll want to create a [Runed Adamantite Rod] at this point. You'll need 1x [Adamantite Rod] from a blacksmith, 8x [Greater Planar Essence], 8x [Large Prismatic Shard], 1x [Primal Might] from an alchemist, and your old [Runed Fel Iron Rod]. This one is a bit expensive.
- If you are leveling tailoring as well, you'll find that the upper level blues you'll be making too many of will give you a [Large Prismatic Shard] every time. Otherwise, you might be stuck buying them, or buying Outland blues, or even running dungeons and getting permission to shard the blues.
- [Enchant Gloves - Major Strength]. Each enchant will set you, or hopefully your client, back 12x [Arcane Dust] and 1x [Greater Planar Essence].
- If you have reached revered, pick up [Formula: Enchant Ring - Striking]. Keep in mind you can only enchant your own rings, so this will be a pure loss for you. For 2x [Large Prismatic Shard] and 6x [Arcane Dust], you might want to take it slow, and enchant the rings you're really going to be using.
- If +physical damage doesn't really grab you, then perhaps you'll benefit more at revered from [Formula: Enchant Ring - Healing Power]. It is more expensive than striking, for 2x [Large Prismatic Shard] 5x [Arcane Dust] and 3x [Greater Planar Essence].
- If you can reach revered, then [Forumla: Enchant Gloves - Spell Strike] might grab you. For 8x [Greater Planar Essence], 2x [Arcane Dust], and 2x [Large Prismatic Shard].
- As long as you are 70, you should be able to reach honored with the Shattered Sun within a week without issue. At that point, you can pick up [Formula: Enchant Chest - Defense]. Each enchant costs 4x [Greater Planar Essence], 8x [Arcane Dust] and 4x [Eternium Ore].
While the above may be the cheapest method on paper, you're likely to stumble upon a bit of luck in some form or another. Maybe a very popular recipe drops for you, or is given to you by a guildmate. Perhaps your guild provides a market for your services, or you find that your connections on the server seem to bring you business.
By all means, take advantage of requests from friends, solicitors in trade channel, tips, and free things in order to advance your career and build your skills. Deviate from this guide if you stand to make money, or even a valuable contact and a better reputation.
In addition, you can disenchant everything you can get your hands, or paws, on, from quest rewards to dropped items, to crafted items. You may end up with more materials than you need, allowing you to make a profit, or at least recover some of your losses.
You might want to try advertising enchants for free with the client's materials. Often you will be tipped anyway, and even if you are not, you are earning skill points for free, and selling all of your materials on the auction house.
Finally, if you yourself need an enchant, no matter how expensive, then you might as well milk a skill point out of something you intend to do anyway.