Flagship Studios announced some changes to Hellgate: London in the form of Patch 1.3b, which should resolve issues with the ill-fated Patch 1.3a. Indeed, the month of May has turned out to be HellPatch: London for Flagship and HG: L fans, with the patches even being patched. Some players who logged into the Test Server recently found that their characters were gone and, fearing the worst, assumed (incorrectly) that a character wipe had taken place. This was not the case at all; a Test Center database crash was the culprit, and a restore from backup solved the issue. Now that the updated patch has been rolled out, nightly restarts of the live servers have ceased, as of May 20th. The reboots were a precaution to prevent server instability while issues were being resolved.
A notable change in Patch 1.3b is that HG: L now blocks non-subscribers from party portaling into subscriber-only areas. Although this change will likely disappoint the gamers who play for free, a quest NPC previously available only to paying players is now available to non-subs. Whether or not this balances the scales for the non-subs remains to be seen, but portaling into restricted areas would seem to be an exploit. The other changes and fixes in Patch 1.3b are numerous, and affect non-subscribers and subscribers alike. The complete breakdown is found after the jump:
- In-game mail has been updated for speedier service.
- The donation reward armor bonus (Ares' Bane) now applies bonuses to shields.
- The donation announcement now displays the percentage needed to complete the war drive when a donation is made. Donations of 100,000 Palladium or more also announce the name of the character who made the donation.
- Subscribers on the Sydonai (EU) server now get full subscriber benefits on the Test Center server.
- Engineers now have a 12-second shared cooldown time on the Smackdown, Shock and Awe, and Napalm Strike calldown skills.
- Fixed equipped weapon mods being lost in Shared Stash.
- Fixed a bug where you could see other characters' attributes under certain conditions.
- Fixed non-subscribers (who were once subscribers) being able to party portal to a subscriber only area.
- The donation announcement now says "Palladium" instead of "gold".
- Russian clients should no longer crash on certain donation announcements.
- Sammy, a side quest NPC in St. Paul's Station, is no longer subscriber-only.
- Fixed the /wave emote.
- Fixed items sometimes getting lost when sent via email.