It looks like Penny Arcade Adventures: On the Rain-Slick Precipice of Darkness - Episode One has broken through the controversy and landed as the third most successful XBLA games during its launch period.
According to a post from Penny Arcade's illustrator Mike Krahulik (aka Gabe), Episode One sold 16.5K units in the first three days of release. While it's already impressive for a new game wedged between known quantities like RezHD, Ikaruga and N+ to sell well, it's even more impressive considering Penny Arcade was priced twice as high as the rest in the top four.
According to Mike Krahulik, the top four three-day launch titles on XBLA are:
- RezHD -- 25k units
- Ikaruga -- 22.5k units
- Penny Arcade Adventures Episode One -- 16.5k units
- N+ -- 13k units
Congrats to Hothead Games for rolling twenties.
- Key specs
- Reviews • 93
- Game format Optical disc, Downloadable
- Online features Multiplayer, Voice chat, Video chat, Store, Browser
- Drive capacity 500 GB
- Controller type Wired, Wireless
- Motion controls Camera / optical
- Video outputs HDMI
- Released 2013-11-22