All the scuttlebutt regarding fleeing Hellgate:London developers and programmers didn't stop the 1.3d patch from hitting the servers yesterday. The refreshing patch introduces changes to gameplay, a rebalancing act to the calculations behind rank experience, and further eradications to pesky bugs occurred which will help keep the mean streets of Hellgate:London crash free. The full 1.3d are listed on the official website or you can hit the jump below.
Frequent displeasure remains constantly expressed in our Hellgate:London post threads. If you are still looking for an admittance of failures from someone at Flagship Studios, Max Schaefer, operations chief and co-founder recently acknowledged mistakes were made and lessons learned. The main one being the grandiosity in the overall vision for the game and an early launch that more or less turned Hellgate:London into a recovery process. Still there is a fanbase, and it was well received in South Korea. The developers are working hard, and hopefully with enough patches it will prove to be a better experience for those willing to give it a second chance. Have you?
- All accounts can now access Elite Mode when one of its characters reaches level 20 or above. (Accounts that already have a level 20 character or above will have to gain a level or rank for this to apply.)
- Subscriber accounts can now access Hardcore Mode when one of its characters reaches level 20 or above. (Accounts that already have a level 20 character or above will have to gain a level or rank for this to apply.)Our favorite Premium Item Merchant, Ko, just got a new shipment of items from a new supplier. Unfortunately, they aren't quite the quality that he is used to getting. In fact, they are all mostly Enhanced items. Sure, he's still got the Rare, Legendary and Unique stuff that he always had, but you are pretty likely to get an Enhanced item from him now. He's got to do something with this new shipment after all.
- Fixed a bug which could cause a player's PRD to function incorrectly if they were kicked from their party while warping through the PRD.
- Corrected foreign language translations for PRD messaging.
- Fixed a bug where character options would change as a result of minimizing the character options tab.