Between Blood's lack of downtime and Unholy's AE abilities and Ghoul control, Frost is starting to feel a bit like the unwanted orphan of the Death Knight trees. While it's heavy on the tanking talents and has some burst potential, we've been there done that, perhaps, already have Frost Mage alts, and so on and so forth.
Luckily, Blizzard recently made some changes to the tree on Beta which look like they may be nudging the tree in the right direction toward equality with the other two trees. Here's a concise list of the changes via MMO-Champion:
- Improved Icy Touch now increase the damage of your Icy Touch by 10/20/30/40/50% and its damage against Frozen Targets by 20/40/60/80/100% (Old version : Reduces the cooldown of your Icy Touch spell by 1/2/3/4/5 sec and increases its critical strike damage bonus by 10/20/30/40/50%)
- Nerves of Cold Steel has been moved from Tier 3 to Tier 2.
- Annihilation has been moved from Tier 6 to Tier 3.
- Aneurysm has been moved from Tier 8 to Tier 7.
- Merciless Combat has been moved from Tier 8 to Tier 6.
- New Talent - Blood of the North - Tier 8 (5 Points) - Whenever you use a Blood Strike there is a 20/40/60/80/100% chance that the Blood Rune will become a Death Rune when it activates
- Frost Aura increases your Frost Resistance by 32/65 instead of 22/45.
- Frost Strike prerequisites have been removed. (Merciless Combat was required before)