Despite some minor qualms with the game's control scheme, we're actually somewhat fond of what we've seen from Silicon Knights' Norse mythology flavored action/RPG, Too Human. We were disappointed, however, when we discovered the game's demo, released during E3, only contained one out of five of the game's playable classes -- the Champion. Fortunately, Silicon Knights included a clever time release system with the demo, which will unlock other classes as we approach Too Human's August 19 release date.
The Berserker class actually appeared on Friday, and according to mysteriously informed GameFAQs commenter Dimascus, the Commando will report for duty on August 12. However, patience isn't really a virtue possessed by most gamers, so it's no surprise that many Too Human players discovered that with by tinkering with the 360's internal clock and doing a bit of tricky menu navigation, it's possible to play as all five of the classes before their initial dates of arrival. We've got Dimascus' method after the jump -- are you brave enough to propel your 360 into the future?
1. Disconnect from Xbox Live.
2. In the Dashboard go to the "System" blade, and then enter "Console Settings", followed by "Clock".
3. Enter "Date and Time" and change the year from 2008 to 2009.
4. Return to the Dashboard.
5. Go to the "Games" blade, enter the "Games Library" and launch the Too Human demo.
6. Begin the demo and enter the Class Selection screen. You will notice you have automatically unlocked the Berserker and Commando classes by simply moving the date forward on your console.
7. But the Defender and Bioengineer remain locked...
8. To play as the Defender or Bioengineer you need to first move the screen to the desired class which is locked.
9. Then simultaneously flick the left thumbstick right and press A, to play the demo as a Defender or Bioengineer.
10. Enjoy and find a class to love in Too Human.
- Key specs
- Game format Optical disc, Downloadable
- Online features Multiplayer, Voice chat, Video chat, Store
- Drive capacity 4 GB
- Controller type Wired, Wireless
- Motion controls Camera / optical
- Video outputs Component, HDMI (v1.4)
- Weight 10.9 lb
- Released 2010-08-03