Hot on the heels of flying carpets and spring-loaded cloak expanders comes word of a few more interesting crafted items in Wrath of the Lich King, especially some engineered ones, this time spotted by World of Raids in the latest beta build. Check their page for the full list, but here are some of my favorites:
- [Cooking] Delicious Roasted Boar - Creates a delicious roast boar platter for you and your friends to enjoy. Group food! Mages, look out.
- Blacksmithing gets recipes to socket bracers and gloves, each requiring four Saronite Bars and usable a level 60 or higher item. (For more new blacksmithing patterns, check out our rundown of recipes added in the latest beta patch!)
- Scrapbot construction kit - Creates a mechanical vendor that buys anything. The scrapbot leaves after 5 min. I hope the mats will be relatively cheap. This is a great idea, as it's one of the best parts of the new repair bots, for when you don't need repairs.
- Nitro Boosts - Permanently attaches overpowered nitro boosts to a pair of boots, allowing a skilled engineer to greatly increase run speed for until cancelled. The nitro boosts can only be activated every 5 minutes. There's that rocket-boots enchant. There's also a parachute cloak one listed.
- Hyperspeed Accelerators - Permanently attaches hyperspeed accelerators to a pair of gloves, allowing a skilled engineer to increase their haste rating by 340 for 8 sec. The gloves can only be activated every few minutes.
- Gnomish Lightning Generator - Generates a bolt of lightning to strike an enemy for 2250 to 2750 Nature damage. This entire device is made of metal, and the bolt occasionally hits you.
There's more cool new stuff for engineers listed at World of Raids. This might even be enough to get me to take engineering on my upcoming Paladin; it's always seemed gimmicky and PvP-oriented to me, but Blizzard seems to have realized that they need to move away from that.