A brief report from Reuters this morning said Japan's trade ministry claimed three fires had been caused by defectively hot iPod nano batteries.
Nobody was injured in the fires.
The government said in a statement that Apple had two other reported cases where people were burned by their iPod nanos. The defective nanos, they said, were sold between September 2005 and September 2006.
Japan's quasi-governmental product safety commission will investigate the incidents with Apple's cooperation, the trade ministry said.
- Key specs
- Reviews • 13
- Type Audio / video player
- Media type Internal storage (16 GB, Flash)
- Audio playback time up to 30 hours
- Video playback time up to 3.5 hours
- Audio codec support AAC, MP3, WAV
- Dimensions 3.01 x 1.56 x 0.21 in
- Weight 1.1 oz
- Released 2012-10