Blogger Michael Arrington
pointed out an amazing, yet somewhat obvious, thing yesterday -- at some point next week, the number of iPhone 3Gs in use around the world will exceed the number of first-generation iPhones.
The statistics are astounding:
- 6 million original iPhones were sold in about one year
- It took 74 days for the first million first-generation iPhones to sell
- A million iPhone 3Gs were sold the first weekend they were on sale
- Sources estimate anywhere from 750,000 - 800,000 iPhones are being made each week
- Apple is on track to sell more than 40 million iPhones in the next year
This is all happening despite concerns about iPhone 3G network connectivity and battery life. If you're not an iPhone App developer now, you might want to consider signing up
to join the gold rush!